So for those of you who don’t know me, I’m a pastry chef/baker! I wanted to share with you my recipe for these easy, versatile cookies! I make these pretty often. Sometimes, I’ll swap the plain flour with gluten-free flour and reduce the amount of sugar by half for a healthier cookie. Or you could try substituting the plain flour for a wholemeal flour.
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup unrefined soft dark brown sugar (I like to use Billington’s)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb/baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 &1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole rolled oats (I always use Scott’s)
- 1 cup raisins
- optional: try adding 50g of an all-natural Whey protein powder (non-flavoured)
With this recipe, you can combine all ingredients in a food processor to form a soft dough or you can use a stand mixer.
Wrap the dough in some cling film and chill in the refridgeraotor for at least 45 mins.
Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking tray (lined with parchement paper or a ‘Silpat’ mat). Bake the cookies for roughly 12 mins on 170oc.
I hope you enjoy baking these deliciously soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies…happy baking!
Love Kay xo